For teachers who have, or aspire to have responsibility for leading maths in a primary setting.
London South TSH are offering the fully-funded NPQLPM from Spring 2024 in partnership with the London South East Plus Maths Hub and UCL. The newly designed NPQ will support you to deepen your knowledge of Leading Primary Mathematics within a collaborative and open learning environment. Based on the latest research evidence for effective maths pedagogy, this new programme will enable you to develop your knowledge and skills and put them into practice in your school context.
You will experience a blended approach of face to face, self-directed study materials and in school support to enable you to progress professionally and develop networks to enhance your career.
What will you learn?
- Developing Primary Mathematics -you will learn how to shape a culture of maths across your Primary setting and develop a deep understanding of how pupils learn mathematics becoming skilled in leading staff to develop pupils interconnected understanding of concepts, their procedural fluency and automaticity in key number facts.
- Teaching - you will learn how to support teachers at all levels in your school, key stage or phase to develop their knowledge and classroom skills in teaching primary mathematics.
- School culture - you will strengthen your ability and that of your colleagues to contribute to a school culture in which pupils can thrive and succeed and have a positive attitude towards mathematics.
- How pupils learn - you will deepen your knowledge of the best ways to develop, adapt, embed and practice good models of learning across the whole school community, key stage or phase.
- Subject and curriculum - you will learn how to support and improve high quality lesson design, teaching, learning and assessment in primary mathematics.
- Professional Development - you will deepen your knowledge of the best ways to provide effective professional development in mathematics curriculum, pedagogy and assessment across the whole school community.
- Implementation - you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and applying them with the support of your facilitators and colleagues.
This course is for:
- Teachers and leaders with responsibility for leading maths across a primary key-stage or school, or those who want to have this responsibility.
- Teachers familiar with mastery approaches to teaching primary maths, who want to improve leadership skills in this area.
- Subject leaders in a school already engaged in the primary Teaching for Mastery programme or similar programme.